Tips On Getting A Low Premium
Getting the Lowest Premium Possible
Insurance is a peace of mind that will save you financially in case of an accident. Even though it helps, sometimes the premium can be somewhat steep. There are many ways in which we can save some money on the insurance premium. Here are five different tips we have put together to assist you in receiving an affordable price on your premium.
1. Stay with the same agency: Throughout the year, insurance companies are competing to have the most clients and the most business. If you were to get your home owners and auto discount with us, you would get an additional discount on each policy. Always let us know about how long you have had a policy, and let us know how long you have been with the company.
2. Deductibles: A deductible is what you pay when you make a claim on your policy. The most common deductibles for cars being bought from a dealer are $500 for both Comp&Collision. Now, the higher the deductible the lower the premium. The premium gets lower because it demonstrates that you are agreeing to some of the potential risk of a claim. But always keep in mind that you should go for a deductible that you can afford. Otherwise, it will be difficult to pay the deductible in case it ever got to a claim.
3. Discounts: A lot of these insurance companies have a lot of discounts that they are willing to give if you go with them. Some of these discounts can range from paperless, automatic payment, Home-Owner’s, Multi-policy, multi-car, and some even have good student discounts. The best thing to get these discounts is to ask. They are there for you, the customer, and you all should take advantage of them.
4. Pick appropriate limits: Limits are the highest amounts that an insurer might have to pay when an eligible insurance event occurs. Make sure you are only purchasing insurance that you need or are required. Sometimes people over-insure. And what happens when you over-insure? You create limits that are higher than necessary that bring on a premium that is inefficient.
5. Pay in Full: Most insurance companies charge interest throughout the six or one year policy you make. In order to avoid that interest, pay your policy in full so you can save even more money on your insurance premium.
6. Compare and contrast prices with different companies. Fortunately for Budget Insurance, we work with 20 different companies, so we will help you get the lowest premium we can find you. From working with standard companies and nonstandard, we will find you the cheapest premium we can. We always use all these tips when we find you a premium.
Leave a Reply